Constitutional Academy 2009
July 19-25 & July 26-August 1
A Collegiate Experience That Starts at Home and Ends in Historic Washington, D.C.
Your students may be able to win a scholarship award of $750 or more!
Application must be received by June 8, 2009!
Don’t let your outstanding high school students miss this opportunity to set themselves apart and deepen their passion for history and earn college credit while studying in Washington, D.C.!
The Bill of Rights Institute is pleased to announce that an additional $35,000 is now available for Constitutional Academy scholarships, and that there is still time for your students to apply to the program! Applications must be received by June 8, 2009! This unique summer program allows students to dig into documents written about or by the Founders and then travel to Washington, D.C. to see their homes and other historic sites.
Encourage your student to visit www.BillofRightsInstitute.org/SAcad to learn more about the Constitutional Academy and Scholarship information.
This exciting and challenging academic experience will allow your students to:
– Engage in weekly online discussions with a professor and other outstanding students
– Visit sites of historical and constitutional significance including Mount Vernon, Monticello, and Gunston Hall
– Work with historical documents at the National Archives
– Debate controversial issues with college professors and their peers from across the country
– Study America’s Founding and contemporary events with hands on experiences and projects
– Build new friendships with students that share your passion for history
– Earn three college credits at no additional cost
The program begins the week of June 14 via weekly online discussions, and culminates in a week in historic Washington, D.C., so encourage your students to take advantage of the new scholarship fund and apply TODAY! When they successfully complete the program, they will earn three college credits at no extra charge.
For eligibility, tuition, and application information visit www.BillofRightsInstitute.org/SAcad or contact Jason Ross, Director of Education Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.894.1776, ext. 11